Congratulations! You’ve done the research about powering your home with natural gas and learned that:
- Natural gas is the most economical energy source,
- Natural gas can be up to 40% less expensive than electricity,
- Natural gas is the cleanest-burning fossil fuel, and
- 90% of the natural gas used in the United States is produced domestically.
You have decided you want to convert your appliances to gas because you also learned that they will run more efficiently and have a longer life expectancy than their electric counterparts. In addition, they require relatively little maintenance. The appliances that can be powered by gas include:
- Gas dryers: Drying time is reduced dramatically when you use a gas dryer; this makes them more energy efficient than electric dryers.
- Gas ranges: The advantage of gas is that it heats quickly and allows you to immediately control the temperature. Gas ranges are preferred by chefs worldwide.
- Gas fireplaces: You get the warmth and atmosphere of a traditional wood burning fireplace; you don’t have the hassle of starting the fire and you don’t have to clean up messy ashes.
- Gas barbeques: You won’t have to worry about running out of propane in the middle of cooking a steak.
- Gas water heaters: Not only will you experience cost savings in energy bills, you will enjoy an unlimited supply of clean, fresh, hot water.
In addition, since gas is delivered to your home underground, the flow is not interrupted during a severe storm. Appliances operating on gas can continue to do so even if there is a power outage.
Next steps. You know what appliances you are going to convert over to gas. But just how do you go about getting the gas into the house? It’s the plumber who handles that part of the job. McNeill Plumbing is the expert in gas pipe line installation. We have the training and knowledge to safely handle your gas line layout. The gas company runs the gas to the curb. McNeill Plumbing picks it up from there and brings it into your home using the most advanced piping system.
However, if you already use gas and want to add gas appliances to your home, we can help you with that. We will determine if your system can handle the additional demand. We will then make any sizing adjustments as needed.
At McNeill Plumbing we guarantee all our work. We meet and exceed all regulations. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance; we know you will be pleased with our professional and friendly staff. Call us at (850) 562-5504 to talk with us and set up an appointment.